Daily Show correspondents presented the greatest tweet at the end of “Third Month Mania” — the show’s spin on March Madness. The Daily Show chose Trump’s 64 “most Trumpy” tweets, and 6 million people voted to choose Trump’s best one.
This tweet, from June 2014, won the top title:
“Are you allowed to impeach a president for gross incompetence?”
“This may not be the meanest or the most racist,” Daily Show correspondent Hasan Minhaj said.
“But it will be the one tweet we will get the answer to in the next four years,” Daily Show correspondent Roy Wood Jr. added.
Before announcing the winner, Minhaj and Wood revealed two honorable mentions — one that questions the purpose of ABC’s Blackish, and another speculating about former Apple CEO Steve Job’s wife’s personal life.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving