There’s been a lot of dissent on the Internet this week, but in a delightful pocket of the web, an unlikely but beautiful Twitter friendship has developed between Hamilton savant Lin-Manuel Miranda and Buffy star Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Their charming friendship began five days ago when Lin-Manuel Miranda tweeted that he was taking a break from the social media platform “unless @SarahMGellar tweets or like, Colm Wilkinson sees Hamilton.”
Sarah Michelle Gellar responded with a tweet of her own and a sassy and fitting GIF of herself because apparently that’s what you do when you have more than three decades of acting credits (and thus, excellent GIF material) to your name.
Miranda, not to be outdone and holding true to his Twitter promise, replied with a GIF of his own, featuring himself as well.
Which led to an epic GIF exchange that is still taking place today.
The Internet can really be a beautiful place when there are the right GIFs.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time