James Corden had a wild night in Las Vegas with Claire Danes, Christine Baranski, and Jack McBrayer — at least, on this episode of The Bold and the Lyrical, an extravagantly hyperbolic soap opera sketch that he performed on The Late Late Show that mines an unlikely but fitting source of drama: the lyrics of Katy Perry songs.
Borrowing lines like “That’s what you get for waking up in Vegas” and “I kissed a girl and I liked it,” Corden weaves a suspenseful tale of romance and intrigue that centers on the aftermath of a crazy night out in Vegas that involves Danes and McBrayer in his bed. However, it’s Christine Baranski who delivers the ultimate plot twist at the end of the episode, giving a gravitas otherwise unknown to Katy Perry’s lyrics before.
Watch the full clip below.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk