James Corden had a wild night in Las Vegas with Claire Danes, Christine Baranski, and Jack McBrayer — at least, on this episode of The Bold and the Lyrical, an extravagantly hyperbolic soap opera sketch that he performed on The Late Late Show that mines an unlikely but fitting source of drama: the lyrics of Katy Perry songs.
Borrowing lines like “That’s what you get for waking up in Vegas” and “I kissed a girl and I liked it,” Corden weaves a suspenseful tale of romance and intrigue that centers on the aftermath of a crazy night out in Vegas that involves Danes and McBrayer in his bed. However, it’s Christine Baranski who delivers the ultimate plot twist at the end of the episode, giving a gravitas otherwise unknown to Katy Perry’s lyrics before.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve