Academy Award-nominated actress Melanie Griffith, 59, recently opened up to Porter magazine about motherhood, addiction and cosmetic surgery.
The Working Girl star shared how she coped with raising her three children — Alexander Bauer, Stella Banderas and actress Dakota Johnson — while battling a dependency on drugs and alcohol for which she sought treatment in 1996, 2000 and 2009. “I was a totally functioning mom,” she told Porter, according to Vanity Fair. “I wasn’t like a drunk-on-the-floor, out-of-it person,” she said. “I didn’t do some things I probably should have done but, mostly, I was there for my kids.”
As for her changing appearance, Griffith said she wasn’t aware how far she’d gone with plastic surgery until people started commenting, “Oh my god, what has she done?!” That’s when the actress decided to visit a new doctor in order to dissolve “all of this sh*t that this other woman doctor had put in.” She added, “Hopefully, I look more normal now.”
And since the end of her 18-year marriage to Antonio Banderas, Griffith said she hasn’t been on a date yet, but said, according to USA Today, “I’m shy with men now, very reticent. Nobody has asked me on a date. I go out with my girlfriends.”
[H/T Vanity Fair]
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement