Kristen Bell won’t let anyone tell her how to raise her children.
“I just think you cannot look for external self-esteem. You have to look internally,” she said. “If you’re confident with what you’re doing even if that’s some weird, bizarre parenting technique that you know works for your kid or you feel happy about, do it! Don’t let anyone tell you you shouldn’t be doing that.”
Bell, who has been candid about the challenges of parenting in the past, also shared some words of wisdom for mothers on their most difficult days. “Be patient with yourself,” she said. “Put on your gas mask first, because you’re useless to everyone else if you’re too stressed out.”
Read the full interview on CafeMom.
[H/T Huffington Post]
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List