“A lot of this election was turned by white, college educated women who now would maybe like to forget about this election and go back to watching HGTV,” Fey said at a benefit for the American Civil Liberties Union Saturday. “I would want to urge them to like, you can’t look away. It doesn’t affect you this minute but it’s going to affect you eventually.”
Fey was discussing ways women could empower themselves during the Trump era.
“I will make my own pledge as a college educated women not to look away,” she said.
CNN exit polls from the 2016 election show that 44% of white women with a college education voted for Donald Trump.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022