“A lot of this election was turned by white, college educated women who now would maybe like to forget about this election and go back to watching HGTV,” Fey said at a benefit for the American Civil Liberties Union Saturday. “I would want to urge them to like, you can’t look away. It doesn’t affect you this minute but it’s going to affect you eventually.”
Fey was discussing ways women could empower themselves during the Trump era.
“I will make my own pledge as a college educated women not to look away,” she said.
CNN exit polls from the 2016 election show that 44% of white women with a college education voted for Donald Trump.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.