In a video posted by the Griffins’ YouTube page, the couple shares a smooch as the message, “Anthony, will you marry me?,” appears on the jumbotron, prompting the young woman to get down on one knee. The surprised Anthony is visibly overjoyed and quickly accepts her proposal.
According to KHOU, the bride-to-be later commented on YouTube to relay the story behind the romantic moment. “I am the woman in the video,” she wrote. “Our relationship has been over the course of almost seven years and he proposed after our third year and had a break up going into our sixth year. I proposed this time showing him I know he is the one for me and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. Keep negative comments to yourself please, thank you! Have a blessed day!”
Comments have since been disabled on the video.
Watch the clip below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.