The former Spice Girl and show host James Corden spoofed the 1987 romantic comedy Mannequin, starring Pretty In Pink’s Andrew McCarthy and Sex and the City‘s Kim Cattrall. In a satirical trailer for their modern version of the film, Beckham plays a plastic shop model who comes to life when Corden is around. “The world couldn’t understand their love… like really couldn’t understand their love. No seriously, they didn’t get it,” the voiceover deadpans.
The fake trailer also acts as a further promotion for Corden and Beckham’s highly anticipated episode of Carpool Karaoke. At one point, the two are shown dancing to the Spice Girls’ chart-topper, “Spice Up Your Life,” while a bemused driver looks on. From the driver’s perspective, it looks like Corden is bizarrely singing his heart out to a mannequin.
Earlier this week, Beckham shared some behind-the-scenes snaps of herself getting some beauty touch-ups for Carpool Karaoke, along with the caption “top secret filming!” She later shared a clip of herself in the car with Corden himself.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time