Clinton will speak at the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security award ceremony for four women who facilitated 2016’s Colombian peace agreement, which she encouraged as Secretary of State. Her remarks will address how women are instrumental to peacekeeping effort and diplomacy around the world, according to a Georgetown press release.
Clinton will present the awards to the four recipients this year: former Colombian Vice President Humberto De la Calle, Colombian Deputy Attorney General Maria Paulina Riveros, thematic director of Colombia’s Office of the High Commissioner for Peace Elena Ambrosi and journalist Jineth Bedoya, who has also advocated for sexual violence survivors.
You can watch Clinton’s remarks in this livestream beginning at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Julia Zorthian at email@example.com