According to an interview with Wedding Chicks, Jess Melara and professional baseball player Tony Sanchez were high school sweethearts who got married after 12 years of dating. While the couple’s Miami ceremony in December included a gelato truck and Funfetti cake favors, the real highlight of the nuptials was their four tiered pizza that they had in lieu of cake, since neither Tony nor Jess were particularly fond of the dessert.
“Tony and I love pizza and aren’t huge fans of cake, so we surprised our guests with Pizza Cake,” Jess said. “It was saucy and delicious and what pizza dreams are made of.”
Agreed. See Jess and Tony’s cheesy marital bliss below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve