According to an interview with Wedding Chicks, Jess Melara and professional baseball player Tony Sanchez were high school sweethearts who got married after 12 years of dating. While the couple’s Miami ceremony in December included a gelato truck and Funfetti cake favors, the real highlight of the nuptials was their four tiered pizza that they had in lieu of cake, since neither Tony nor Jess were particularly fond of the dessert.
“Tony and I love pizza and aren’t huge fans of cake, so we surprised our guests with Pizza Cake,” Jess said. “It was saucy and delicious and what pizza dreams are made of.”
Agreed. See Jess and Tony’s cheesy marital bliss below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com