A viral Trump tweet-burning robot joined Twitter Tuesday with one goal: roast President Donald Trump, by literally burning his official tweets to a crisp.
Amsterdam-based engineer David Neevel, who is from Portland, Ore., created the account to share videos of a Rube Goldberg-style contraption with a blazing mission: it prints, burns and trashes Trump’s tweets.
For every Trump tweet, the machine responds swiftly with robotic disaffection and a video. The short clips show the automatic machine spitting the president’s update out word for word on paper, lighting it aflame with a standard cigarette lighter, and finally, dropping it in an ashtray.
“The goal with this robot was the same as with a lot of my robots: finding small, but not necessarily simple, ways of making life better,” Neevel told NBC New York.
Neevel, feels that the stone cold robot performs a vital function for people who find the president’s updates stressful. “Burning each tweet allows people to acknowledge the tweet’s existence and perform a small ritual of dismissal of it,” he said.
A day after its debut, the account has racked up roughly 15,700 followers with the stunt.
- 'When in God's Name Are We Going to Stand Up to the Gun Lobby?' Biden, Anguished, Reacts to Texas School Massacre
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.