The pair were performing a heartfelt rendition of the throwback classic, “Up Where We Belong,” when they experienced some technical difficulties. When the duo chimed in with the chorus, Bell was whisked upwards – in keeping with the song’s lyrics – while Corden remained firmly on the ground.
After expressing his irritation, Corden was eventually lifted too – but as he ascended, Bell found herself descending back down. “We’re supposed to be even!” she jokingly cried, while Corden somehow managed to keep a straight face.
Remarkably, the performance continued while the crew ‘attempted’ to level the two stars. “We can fix it in post [production] can’t we?” Corden laughed as he was finally returned to the floor.
Watch the full clip below:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve