President Donald Trump will sign an executive order Tuesday to roll back key environmental regulations that were established under the Obama Administration.
The White House has touted the executive order as a way to promote “energy independence.” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Monday that the order is aimed at reducing “unnecessary regulatory obstacles that restrict the responsible use of domestic energy resources.”
Part of the order will target environmental measures that had aimed to combat climate change, including the Clean Power Plan, which called for a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions from power plants by 2030.
The event is expected to begin at 2 p.m. Watch live above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space