The White House has touted the executive order as a way to promote “energy independence.” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Monday that the order is aimed at reducing “unnecessary regulatory obstacles that restrict the responsible use of domestic energy resources.”
Part of the order will target environmental measures that had aimed to combat climate change, including the Clean Power Plan, which called for a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions from power plants by 2030.
The event is expected to begin at 2 p.m. Watch live above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This