The White House has touted the executive order as a way to promote “energy independence.” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Monday that the order is aimed at reducing “unnecessary regulatory obstacles that restrict the responsible use of domestic energy resources.”
Part of the order will target environmental measures that had aimed to combat climate change, including the Clean Power Plan, which called for a dramatic reduction in carbon emissions from power plants by 2030.
The event is expected to begin at 2 p.m. Watch live above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time