Crayola is retiring a color from its 24-count crayon box for the first time in its 100-year history.
The Pennsylvania-based artists’ supplies manufacturer hasn’t yet revealed which crayon we’ll bid goodbye to. The company will live stream the decision on Friday, March 31, otherwise known as National Crayon Day.
The current colors that make up a Crayola box are red, yellow, blue, brown, orange, green, violet, black, carnation pink, yellow orange, blue green, red violet, red orange, yellow green, blue violet, white, violet red, dandelion, cerulean, apricot, scarlet, green yellow, indigo and gray.
Crayola has been encouraging individuals to share images of the color they can’t live without on social media during the build up to the big reveal, accompanied by the hashtag #WhosLeaving.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction