While getting bad grades usually mean consequences of some kind, one resourceful father knew what would really drive home the lesson that school matters.
An NBA fan showed up to the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets game on Friday night with a sign that hilariously called out his son Thomas’ less than stellar academics and suggesting that if he gets his “grades up, next time you’ll be here.”
The trolling approach to parenting didn’t stop there, however — this NBA dad also showed up to the Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Game on Sunday night, with another sign captured by ESPN that emphasized that his son should be a “student, then athlete.”
This dad is the real MVP.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve