Kevin Haas, an analyst at a local food manufacturer from Ohio, said he’s now able to join the masses in laughing at himself since going viral Tuesday. The married father of twin girls was one letter away from solving the puzzle, which was the title of the famous play by Tennessee Williams. But instead of guessing the letter “M” in the word “named,” he said “K” for “naked.” Social media users erupted in both laughter and jeers.
“To be on Wheel of Fortune has always been a dream of mine, though the reality right now may seem like the opposite,” Haas, who declined an interview, said in a statement issued through the show. “Needless to say, I have learned a great deal from this experience. It has taught me how to embrace embarrassment and failure with a smile.”
Haas said the mistake was also a literature lesson. “Yes, it has taught me the correct title of that famous 1947 Broadway play,” he said. “I am happy I brought so many smiles to you all, and so I will smile with you and look back onto this moment and join you in the laughs. That my friends, is the naked truth.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This