Colbert referred to a report that Trump was upset after two federal judges ruled against his travel ban, and that his staffers cheered him up by showing him a segment from Greta Van Susteren’s MSNBC show arguing the Supreme Court would side with him.
“They treat the President the way you treat a 5-year-old throwing a tantrum,” Colbert said. “But if positive coverage helps calm down the big angry man with the launch codes, I say, do it. And I want to help”
Colbert then segued into a “positive news” segment about the President, which included stories like Trump beating ISIS with his “bare, big, huge” hands.
Colbert also slammed the American Health Care Act, the Republicans’ proposed legislation to replace Obamacare.
“Republicans have been pushing their Obamacare replacement plan,” he said. “But the bill has a preexisting condition: everyone hates it.”
Watch the clip above.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer