An Associated Press report on Wednesday described documents showing former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort orchestrated a secret plan to benefit Vladimir Putin’s Russian government in the United States and Europe.
The report, which is not the first to link Manafort to either Russia or Ukraine, appear to directly contradict what Manafort has said in the past about any connections.
“That’s absurd,” Manafort said when ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos asked if he had any ties to Putin in July of 2016.
That wasn’t the only time he disavowed the claim. Watch the video above for all of the times Manafort has directly denied any connection or involvement.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.