An Associated Press report on Wednesday described documents showing former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort orchestrated a secret plan to benefit Vladimir Putin’s Russian government in the United States and Europe.
The report, which is not the first to link Manafort to either Russia or Ukraine, appear to directly contradict what Manafort has said in the past about any connections.
“That’s absurd,” Manafort said when ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos asked if he had any ties to Putin in July of 2016.
That wasn’t the only time he disavowed the claim. Watch the video above for all of the times Manafort has directly denied any connection or involvement.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement