The ranking Democrat on a House intelligence committee laid out the public evidence on Russian meddling in the 2016 election Monday.
Speaking at a committee hearing involving FBI Director James Comey and National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers, Rep. Adam Schiff spelled out information that has been made public so far about Russian meddling and possible ties to the Trump campaign.
“If the Trump campaign, or anybody associated with it, aided or abetted the Russians, it would not only be a serious crime, it would also represent one of the most shocking betrayals of our democracy in history,” he said.
Read Schiff’s full statement below:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time