The ranking Democrat on a House intelligence committee laid out the public evidence on Russian meddling in the 2016 election Monday.
Speaking at a committee hearing involving FBI Director James Comey and National Security Agency Director Mike Rogers, Rep. Adam Schiff spelled out information that has been made public so far about Russian meddling and possible ties to the Trump campaign.
“If the Trump campaign, or anybody associated with it, aided or abetted the Russians, it would not only be a serious crime, it would also represent one of the most shocking betrayals of our democracy in history,” he said.
Read Schiff’s full statement below:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears