While Julia Louis-Dreyfus was surely disappointed that her son’s team lost to Gonzaga in the second round of March Madness Saturday, the award for most distraught Northwestern fan definitely goes to the young boy caught sobbing on camera after a questionable second-half foul call.
Dubbed “Crying Northwestern Kid” by the Internet, the boy — who is the son of the Wildcats’ athletic director, according to Chicago Tribune —instantly became the new face of NCAA tournament heartbreak, with Twitter users immediately turning his roller coaster of emotions into some hilarious memes.
See a selection of the best reactions below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time