While Julia Louis-Dreyfus was surely disappointed that her son’s team lost to Gonzaga in the second round of March Madness Saturday, the award for most distraught Northwestern fan definitely goes to the young boy caught sobbing on camera after a questionable second-half foul call.
Dubbed “Crying Northwestern Kid” by the Internet, the boy — who is the son of the Wildcats’ athletic director, according to Chicago Tribune —instantly became the new face of NCAA tournament heartbreak, with Twitter users immediately turning his roller coaster of emotions into some hilarious memes.
See a selection of the best reactions below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up