A MasterChef Junior contestant got some inspiring advice from none other than former First Lady Michelle Obama.
Eleven-year-old Justise Mayberry won a challenge on the cooking show where the former first lady and healthy eating advocate was a guest star. Mayberry then got the chance to visit the White House, attend the Kids’ State Dinner and spend some quality time picking Obama’s brain, according to Mic.
Mayberry asked Obama for her advice on pursuing a career in the kitchen. “There is nothing more important that you can do for yourself than to get an education. Doing your best not just in the kitchen, but you’ve got to be your best in the classroom,” Obama said. “I want you all to keep pushing and preparing yourself for college and doing well.”
“The last thing I would tell you to do is use your voice and help others,” Obama added. “A lot of kids don’t know how important it is to eat healthy, so you guys have to be our ambassadors.”
Watch the full video above.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time