An actor who played one of the Power Rangers in the kids’ television series pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter for stabbing his roommate to death with a sword.
Ricardo Medina Jr. admitted on Thursday that he killed Josh Sutter in January 2015, the Los Angeles Times reports. The two roommates got into a fight at their home in Green Valley, Calif., according to a statement from the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.
They began fighting over how Medina’s girlfriend parked her car, according to the Times, and when Sutter confronted Medina, the former Power Ranger stabbed him multiple times before calling 911.
Now Medina faces up to six years in state prison when he is sentenced later this month, prosecutors said. He entered his plea Thursday in Antelope Valley court, one year after he was charged with murder.
Medina, who played the Red Lion Wild Force Ranger on Power Rangers Wild Force from 2002 to 2003, also played an evil character named Deker in Power Rangers Samurai from 2011 to 2012.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow