Satya Nadella has gone from cloud and enterprise to cloud nine.
Nadella’s promotion to CEO of Microsoft from VP of Microsoft’s cloud and enterprise division comes with a big raise: he’s receiving nearly an 80 percent increase in salary to $1.2 million. His raise package also comes with a stock award worth $13.2 million and an annual bonus of up to $3.6 million, according to a company filing, for a possible total of $18 million. That’s over double what the 22-year company insider made last year.
Nadella, 46, made $7.6 million last year as the executive VP of Microsoft’s cloud and enterprise, reports USA Today, a sum that included a $669,167 salary, $1.58 million bonus and $5.4 million stock award.
Those sums aren’t particularly outsized, however: Apple CEO Tim Cook received restricted stock valued at $376 million when he replaced the late Steve Jobs, and Marissa Mayer signed on to Yahoo with the potential to make $100 million within five years.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time