Buzz Aldrin wants to be remembered for more than just “kicking up moon dust.” He wants his legacy to include laying the groundwork for permanent human settlement on Mars, and he has a plan.
In Buzz Aldrin: Cycling Pathways to Mars — the world’s first holographic ‘archival VR’ project from LIFE VR, TIME and tech company 8i — Aldrin’s 3D hologram gets to travel with viewers from his Apollo 11 landing site on the moon to Mars. The full experience, created by 8i, will be available starting March 17 on Steam and Viveport for the HTC Vive. A VR trailer for the experience will also be available in the LIFE VR app for iOS and Android and on LIFE VR’s Samsung VR channel on the same date.
As NASA prepares to send the first humans to Mars, this one-of-a-kind virtual reality experience not only gives Dr. Aldrin the chance to “visit” the Red Planet, but it gives viewers the chance to “meet” the Lunar legend.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time