“We’re going to get this made” Frank Marshall, who worked on the film in the 1970s, said to the Times.
The feature was left incomplete at the time of Welles’ death in 1985.
Netflix, however, may have its hands full with the project. Previous attempts to complete the film have stalled. In 2014. a team including Marshall and Peter Bogdanovich who appeared in the movie, secured rights to the footage. Their funding fell through and an Indigogo campaign to raise around $2 million fell short.
But with Netflix now involved, Welles’ comeback may finally see the light of day.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time