Frank Ocean surprised fans on Friday when the second episode of Blonded Radio, his Beats 1 radio show, yielded a brand new single called “Chanel.”
“My guy pretty like a girl/ And he got fight stories to tell/ I see both sides like Chanel/ See on both sides like Chanel,” Ocean sings in his dizzying, mind mapping first song since releasing Endless and Blonde. Later he muses, “2016 burnt like some discs/ 2017 playing off a Walkman/ This a cult, not a clique on the net.”
Though the wait for new Ocean music has been a slog, the artist recently collaborated with Calvin Harris on the track “Slide,” which also features Migos. He made it up to fans by playing “Chanel” 18 times during the second half of the two-hour Blonded episode, according to Rolling Stone.
Accompanying the new release, the rapper unveiled a remix of the track that features the same beat but with A$SAP Rocky. Listen below.
Ocean posted a photo of the full lyrics for “Chanel” on his Tumblr page.
“Police think I’m of the underworld,” he sings. “12 treat a n– like he 12/ How you looking up to me and talking down?/ Can’t you see I am the big man (big man)?”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears