The 26-yeary-old star debuted a platinum shaved head at the L.A. premiere of Personal Shopper on Tuesday night, but she revealed the real reason behind the drastic hair makeover on Today Thursday morning.
“I’m doing a movie in a couple weeks called Underwater and I play a mechanical engineer that’s working on an oil rig that’s on the bottom of the ocean floor,” the Personal Shopper star said. “So for me, it’s practical. I’m not going to be able to have touch ups when I have a helmet on. I must have my head!”
But Stewart says that if it weren’t for her upcoming movie role, she probably would still want to try out a shaved hair look eventually.
“I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time just for novel sake just because at some point in your life, you want to be able to do that,” she said as she ran her hands over her shaved hair.
RELATED PHOTOS: Kristen Stewart’s 13 Best Red Carpet Hair Moments — Ever
So when Stewart’s director suggested the idea before filming started, she was very excited. “I was like, ‘Who told you?’ That’s a great idea! You should take credit for that.’ I was so game,” the actress said.
It’s only been two days, but Stewart still can’t stop touching her new do and is clearly embracing her latest punk-inspired look. “It feels amazing,” she added. “I just want to head bang all day!”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears