USA Today asked Baldwin to say what he likes about Trump, and the actor echoed the same answer that Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton gave during a debate against Trump.
“Well, his children seem loyal to him, which I’ve got to give him credit for that. I don’t want to believe it’s all about their inheritance,” Baldwin told USA Today. “They are fiercely loyal to him, so that has to matter for something.”
The answer carries meaning in the context of Baldwin’s own relationships with his children; he received public criticism for an inappropriate voicemail he once left for his young daughter that came to light during divorce proceedings. (He apologized publicly, and eight years later, the pair made a joke about the incident.)
As for liking Trump, Baldwin did add to USA Today: “But in terms of his politics, no, there is really nothing I could say.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time