After Speaker Paul Ryan held a press conference to explain the GOP’s proposed Obamacare replacement plan Thursday, the Internet saw an opportunity to poke fun at his chosen presentation method. Twitter users quickly pounced on Ryan’s use of a PowerPoint-playing screen, replacing the slides to turn the image of him delivering the healthcare pitch into hilarious memes.
“Caught the tail end of @SpeakerRyan’s powerpoint presentation, and I have to say, I’m a little concerned,” Rep. Keith Ellison jokingly captioned a doctored photo of Ryan in front of a “no iPhones” sign.
See a selection of the best reactions below.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up