After Speaker Paul Ryan held a press conference to explain the GOP’s proposed Obamacare replacement plan Thursday, the Internet saw an opportunity to poke fun at his chosen presentation method. Twitter users quickly pounced on Ryan’s use of a PowerPoint-playing screen, replacing the slides to turn the image of him delivering the healthcare pitch into hilarious memes.
“Caught the tail end of @SpeakerRyan’s powerpoint presentation, and I have to say, I’m a little concerned,” Rep. Keith Ellison jokingly captioned a doctored photo of Ryan in front of a “no iPhones” sign.
See a selection of the best reactions below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was