A new viral trend called “The Get Out Challenge” is sweeping the Internet, inspired by the Jordan Peele horror film of the same name.
For the #GetOutChallenge (which functions in the same vein as past Internet sensations like the #MannequinChallenge or the #RunningManChallenge,) participants record themselves recreating a memorable scene from the movie where the character Walter runs with reckless abandon before making a sharp turn. The results are hilarious and range from surprisingly spot-on to some epic fails, with celebrities like NBA star Steph Curry even getting into the fun with their own renditions.
While the #GetOutChallenge is still a fairly fresh trend, there have been plenty of impressive offerings so far — see the best of the challenge below.
The Warriors’ Steph Curry showed off his #GetOutChallenge before heading to a game.
While this person took his #GetOutChallenge to a whole another level by using two locations.
This #GetOutChallenge fell a little short.
While these two people did the challenge without even seeing the scene that inspired it.
Another #GetOutChallenge took a dramatic, potentially painful turn.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time