W Magazine recently invited some of fashion’s bigger stars to create a video in support of International Women’s Day, in order to encourage everyone to prioritize gender equality. Over the course of Paris Fashion Week, models, designers, and musicians like Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Travis Scott and Pierpaolo Piccioli all paused their busy schedules to record a message of universal support.
The clip focused mainly around three powerful phrases: “I am a woman,” “Please respect yourself, respect women,” and “Because women’s rights, are human rights.”
The clip’s co-producer, Caroline de Maigret, was inspired to make the video alongside W’s Edward Enninful following the success of the title’s “I Am an Immigrant” video produced in response to President Donald Trump’s first travel ban. “Each and every one of us came from a woman, so we are all involved in that game,” de Maigret told the magazine.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World