W Magazine recently invited some of fashion’s bigger stars to create a video in support of International Women’s Day, in order to encourage everyone to prioritize gender equality. Over the course of Paris Fashion Week, models, designers, and musicians like Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Travis Scott and Pierpaolo Piccioli all paused their busy schedules to record a message of universal support.
The clip focused mainly around three powerful phrases: “I am a woman,” “Please respect yourself, respect women,” and “Because women’s rights, are human rights.”
The clip’s co-producer, Caroline de Maigret, was inspired to make the video alongside W’s Edward Enninful following the success of the title’s “I Am an Immigrant” video produced in response to President Donald Trump’s first travel ban. “Each and every one of us came from a woman, so we are all involved in that game,” de Maigret told the magazine.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org