House Democrats will honor International Women’s Day with a celebration at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.
The event will recognize the impact women workers have on the economy and the Day Without A Woman, a national demonstration organized by the activists behind January’s Women’s March that encourages women to abstain from work.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will join the Democratic Women’s Working Group and other Democratic lawmakers to mark the holiday. Event participants include representatives Linda Sanchez, Cheri Bustos, Lois Frankel, Barbara Lee, Katherine Clark, Brenda Lawrence and Pramila Jayapal.
The women will “renew their commitment to women’s rights and equality in America and across the globe,” the Associated Press reports.
The event is scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m. E.T. You can watch it live above.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at email@example.com