1. The idea of North America is over.
By Benjamin Wallace-Wells in the New Yorker
2. America is facing a dangerous enemy. We just can’t agree who.
By Uri Friedman in the Atlantic
3. Artificial intelligence has a PR problem.
By Jerry Kaplan in MIT Technology Review
4. This is how YouTube will kill cable.
By Mike Elgan in Computerworld
5. Newsrooms are making leaks easier — and more secure than ever. Here’s how.
By Charles Berret in the Columbia Journalism Review
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space