Trump also had a phone call with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Tuesday, reaffirming its alliance with Tokyo and condemning North Korea’s tests as a threat to regional security.
North Korea fired four ballistic missiles into the sea off Japan’s northwest on Monday, angering South Korea and Japan.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve