The Twitter account of former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke was briefly suspended on Monday. Twitter has not responded to a TIME request for comment.
Reporters noted Duke’s suspension earlier on Monday.
But by Monday afternoon, the account run by the former member of Louisiana’s state House and perennial candidate was back up.
Duke appeared to have lost a substantial number of followers while his tweet was temporarily suspended, but he thanked his followers for supporting “free speech.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time