The Twitter account of former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke was briefly suspended on Monday. Twitter has not responded to a TIME request for comment.
Reporters noted Duke’s suspension earlier on Monday.
But by Monday afternoon, the account run by the former member of Louisiana’s state House and perennial candidate was back up.
Duke appeared to have lost a substantial number of followers while his tweet was temporarily suspended, but he thanked his followers for supporting “free speech.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction