One of the most read stories on Motto this week was the news that Beau Biden’s widow Hallie is now in a relationship with Beau’s brother, Hunter.
The story broke with tabloid breathlessness, but I like to think that the reason people wanted to know more was not about sordid drama, but because they were considering the emotional heart of the story: how two people came together during deep grief.
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s statement of support for his son and his daughter-in-law said as much: “We are all lucky that Hunter and Hallie found each other as they were putting their lives together again after such sadness.”
Grief and its fractal effects are something we’ve always explored on TIME and Motto and of course will continue to. If you want to share a personal story, I would love to hear it, and you can email me at email@example.com.
Author Julie Buxbaum writes about how raising a daughter helped her come to terms with the death of her mother.
A new study found that hitting the gym is one of the most powerful things you can do to protect your heart.
Experts share their best tips on how to achieve ecstasy in the bedroom.
A Republican lawmaker worried the bill would erode the sanctity of marriage in the state.
How applying for the reality dating show helped one woman understand her own worth.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022