Let the party begin! Prince Harry has arrived in Jamaica for the wedding of one of his best friends.
The couple is in the Caribbean to witness the wedding of Tom “Skippy” Inskip marry literary agent Lara Hughes-Young in Jamaica. Inskip and Harry are childhood friends —they met at Eton and Inskip is popularly said to have been Harry’s “wingman” on boisterous evenings out during their younger days.
For Markle, it is thought to be the first time she has accompanied Harry to a wedding and will be seen as something of a public coming out for the couple, surrounded by so many other guests in an upmarket resort.
According to local reports, Harry – accompanied by a heavy security detail, as theJamaica Observer put it — arrived at the international airport at Montego Bay on Wednesday afternoon. The paper says that Harry will stay for a week in the Caribbean.
The wedding party is thought to be staying at the Round Hill Hotel and Resort.
After spending a romantic break with Harry in Norway, Markle spent much of January and February in London with Harry — staying at his Nottingham Cottage in the Kensington Palace compound — but she returned to Toronto to prep for the filming of the next season of Suits in mid-February.
Representatives for Kensington Palace and Markle would not comment.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time