Speaking at a press conference on Capitol Hill, the New York Democrat said that Sessions was not forthcoming about his meetings when he testified at his confirmation hearing about contacts with Russia.
“Because the Department of Justice should be above reproach for the good of the country, Attorney General Sessions should resign,” he said.
Read the complete remarks from Schumer’s press conference.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future