There are bad ideas and then there’s Jimmy Fallon, suit-wearing television host, challenging Jennifer Lopez, international pop star, renowned dancer, and former Fly Girl, to a dance battle. What was he thinking?
On The Tonight Show, Fallon threw down the gauntlet and declared war on the dance floor against J. Lo. For the battle, Fallon and Lopez had to draw phrases out of a “velvety dance bag” and then make up dances to go with them, while The Roots provided a soundtrack for the action.
Fallon went first, freestyling to “Putting on Skinny Jeans”, even dropping to the floor to show off some of his sweeter moves. Lopez followed with a stellar routine that translated the phrase “Washing Machine on Spin Cycle” into a wonder of head-whipping choreography. Fallon quickly got out of breath, but Lopez came to his rescue, suggesting they perform a dance battle duet that helped Fallon regain his dance floor cred.
Watch the full clip below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org