“When you delegitimize the courts, you delegitimize the legislative body. It’s corrosive. and it makes it impossible to reach compromise,” Biden said at the Newseum in remarks reported by ABC News. Biden also said he was “saddened” to have to defend the press and the First Amendment, particularly at the Newseum, a museum devoted to the importance of those topics.
Although Biden did not mention Trump by name, it was clear these references were in response to the President’s attacks on the press and the legal system. Trump has questioned the impartiality of the judicial system and called the press an “enemy of the American people.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow