The five original cast members of The Big Bang Theory have reportedly taken a pay cut so that two newer cast members can get a raise.
The freed up funds should increase the budget for actresses Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch, who reportedly earn just $200,000 per episode, according to Variety. The changes are said to go in effect for the upcoming Seasons 11 and 12.
Bialik and Raunch, who both joined in the third season, have gone on to become regulars on the hit CBS show, which kicked off its 10th season in September.
If Bialik and Raunch split the $500,000 raised from the series’ five original stars, the actresses would see their salaries rise to roughly $450,000 an episode.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science