The five original cast members of The Big Bang Theory have reportedly taken a pay cut so that two newer cast members can get a raise.
The freed up funds should increase the budget for actresses Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch, who reportedly earn just $200,000 per episode, according to Variety. The changes are said to go in effect for the upcoming Seasons 11 and 12.
Bialik and Raunch, who both joined in the third season, have gone on to become regulars on the hit CBS show, which kicked off its 10th season in September.
If Bialik and Raunch split the $500,000 raised from the series’ five original stars, the actresses would see their salaries rise to roughly $450,000 an episode.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com