The five original cast members of The Big Bang Theory have reportedly taken a pay cut so that two newer cast members can get a raise.
The freed up funds should increase the budget for actresses Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch, who reportedly earn just $200,000 per episode, according to Variety. The changes are said to go in effect for the upcoming Seasons 11 and 12.
Bialik and Raunch, who both joined in the third season, have gone on to become regulars on the hit CBS show, which kicked off its 10th season in September.
If Bialik and Raunch split the $500,000 raised from the series’ five original stars, the actresses would see their salaries rise to roughly $450,000 an episode.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization