In Cosmopolitan‘s April cover story, Ariana Grande opened up about her views on relationships, and explained that she doesn’t need a partner to be happy.
“I’ve never looked at love as something that I need to complete me,” the 23-year-old singer told the magazine. “I would like to be complete on my own first and fall in love with somebody who is also complete. You can still celebrate and be totally obsessed with each other, but I want to feel a hundred percent myself so that I can love that person better.”
The star also talked about meeting boyfriend Mac Miller years before they started dating. “I met him when I was 19,” she said. “We have loved and adored and respected each other since the beginning, since before we even met, just because we were fans of each other’s talent.”
Miller told People in September that their relationship evolved out of working together on his track “My Favorite Part.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow