1. Was the first song a lullaby?
By Tom Jacobs in Pacific Standard
2. To feed 9 billion people, we need to think differently about protein.
By Mark Driscoll at CNN
3. When we read news on social media, we’re less likely to look at the source. That’s not good.
By Bianca Fortis at MediaShift
4. This is why we need cultural criticism in the age of Trump.
By Josephine Livingstone in the New Republic
5. Here is why it’s so hard for good ideas to survive in the workplace.
By Simon Constable at BBC Capital
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement