President Trump will argue that “the time for trivial fights is behind us,” as he gives his first address to a joint session of Congress on Tuesday.
The speech, which is not technically considered a State of the Union but functions similarly to one, was expected to address immigration and other major legislative goals.
Here is a complete transcript of the remarks as prepared for delivery.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction