1. Don’t buy your kids internet-connected toys.
By Mike Murphy in Quartz
2. While the laws on leaking secrets haven’t changed, the moral calculus around them has.
By Gabriel Schoenfeld in USA Today
3. Populism might be surging around the world, but don’t write off the European Union.
By Judy Dempsey at Carnegie Europe
4. On the edge of drought-stricken desert, this technology pulls drinking water from fog.
By Eillie Anzilotti in Fast Co.Exist
5. It’s been 45 years since we last went to the moon. Here’s how to get back — for good.
By Howard Bloom in Scientific American
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement