Jon Stewart joined Stephen Colbert on Monday’s The Late Show to discuss President Donald Trump‘s volatile relationship with the media.
“Trump lies more in one press conference than CNN does in a year — and that’s coming from a guy who hates CNN,” Stewart said.
Stewart said Trump lies on purpose. “You wanna know how I know how? Because he constantly says the phrase ‘believe me,'” Stewart said. “Nobody says ‘believe me’ unless they are lying.”
When Colbert asked what Stewart thought of Trump’s White House excluding members from news outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Politico and others from a daily briefing last week, the former Daily Show host addressed his critique to the media.
“It is time for you to get your groove back, media. Because let’s face facts, you kind of let yourself go a little bit for these past few years,” he said. “You put on a few pundits. Obsessing, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, about this one guy.”
Watch the clip above.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement