“Trump lies more in one press conference than CNN does in a year — and that’s coming from a guy who hates CNN,” Stewart said.
Stewart said Trump lies on purpose. “You wanna know how I know how? Because he constantly says the phrase ‘believe me,'” Stewart said. “Nobody says ‘believe me’ unless they are lying.”
When Colbert asked what Stewart thought of Trump’s White House excluding members from news outlets like CNN, The New York Times, Politico and others from a daily briefing last week, the former Daily Show host addressed his critique to the media.
“It is time for you to get your groove back, media. Because let’s face facts, you kind of let yourself go a little bit for these past few years,” he said. “You put on a few pundits. Obsessing, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, about this one guy.”
Watch the clip above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science