The White House released excerpts of the address shortly before it began on Tuesday evening. He promised to create millions of jobs, defeat ISIS, and opened the door to immigration reform
“We just need the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts,” he will say. “The bravery to express the hopes that stir our souls. And the confidence to turn those hopes and dreams to action. From now on, America will be empowered by our aspirations – not burdened by our fears.”
Trump previewed his message during an interview with Fox News on Tuesday morning. The President was expected to deliver an optimistic and forward-looking speech that’s big on ideas but short on how things will actually get done. Trump’s speech comes shortly before the official release of his first budget, which will reportedly include a proposal for a $54 billion increase in defense spending.
Congressional Democrats were ready to counter-program the President, with some planning to bring guests from immigrant communities and other groups that have felt marginalized by Trump’s initial weeks in office.
Trump was scheduled to speak at 9 p.m. E.T. You can watch it live above.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive