Hollywood can be a cutthroat community, with actors competing for a small number of prime roles and opportunities. But for 2016’s Best Actress Academy Award winner Brie Larson and 2017’s new Best Actress honoree Emma Stone, their friendship transcends competition. Of course, it helps that both young stars have been able to ascend to the heights of Oscar fame, in consecutive years no less.
After Stone took home the prize for playing Mia in La La Land on Sunday night, Larson found her backstage to share an emotional embrace. “You know what’s better than winning? Watching your friends win,” Larson captioned an Instagram upload.
In another video from behind the scenes, Stone breaks into tears. “Oh, now I start to cry,” she cry-laughs as she and Larson hug for a long moment. “Wanna go?” Larson finally asks, and they head out together, ostensibly to compare Oscar trophies and continue setting an example as paragons of grace, talent, and beautifully supportive friendship goals.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears