Hollywood can be a cutthroat community, with actors competing for a small number of prime roles and opportunities. But for 2016’s Best Actress Academy Award winner Brie Larson and 2017’s new Best Actress honoree Emma Stone, their friendship transcends competition. Of course, it helps that both young stars have been able to ascend to the heights of Oscar fame, in consecutive years no less.
After Stone took home the prize for playing Mia in La La Land on Sunday night, Larson found her backstage to share an emotional embrace. “You know what’s better than winning? Watching your friends win,” Larson captioned an Instagram upload.
In another video from behind the scenes, Stone breaks into tears. “Oh, now I start to cry,” she cry-laughs as she and Larson hug for a long moment. “Wanna go?” Larson finally asks, and they head out together, ostensibly to compare Oscar trophies and continue setting an example as paragons of grace, talent, and beautifully supportive friendship goals.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org