Asghar Farhadi’s movie The Salesman won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film on Sunday, but the Iranian filmmaker was not present to accept it. Instead, he asked Anousheh Ansari to give a speech on his behalf, condemning Donald Trump’s executive order banning migrants from seven predominantly Muslim nations from entering the U.S.
Read the full text of Farhadi’s statement here:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow