Asghar Farhadi’s movie The Salesman won the Oscar for Best Foreign Film on Sunday, but the Iranian filmmaker was not present to accept it. Instead, he asked Anousheh Ansari to give a speech on his behalf, condemning Donald Trump’s executive order banning migrants from seven predominantly Muslim nations from entering the U.S.
Read the full text of Farhadi’s statement here:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?